Tuesday, August 25, 2009

my first design...

our first year main project was to design any one among dis...
*water cascade
*river front restaurant
*tree top restaurant
*bus stop
*kindergarten

somehow d word tree top inspired me..n jus randomly chose tree top restaurant as my design project...(to b very frank, i dint even know how it looked like..)


usually first years wud b given some kind of
small projects b4 doing all these huge ones...v dint even ve d xperiance of designing a dog house...
d more i started making d sketches of ma design
, the more confused i became...
finally i managed to make a design...n it got approved..

den d nxt step was model making...huh...

v r first batch of our college..i ve nvr seen a architectural model b4...
imagine hw blank my mind wud ve been...
i dint know wr 2 start...

dis single project cud fetch us 450 marks...
i thought im dead...i hrd my brain yelling "year out"!

..i startd wid smthing...developed it...trust me, i dint know wt i ws doing... slowly i felt, its getting some form...i ws happy... i did wtever came in mind, without thinking...n finally found dat, i cud find not even a single similarity between my approved design n model..

i submitted it n thank god, professors dint reject it...
whether b cud or bad...dat was my first design in my architectural life... n im loving it...



"MY" tree top restaurant.










TOP VIEW
(site: bhavani island, vijayawada)











decks n spiral stairs....->










entrance and reception area->







side view

10 comments:

Quest said...

Nice concept.....I would like to take the copyrights and willing to offer you 50% of the profits after setting up & operating such a restaur ;-)

tarana said...

okkkkkkkkkkk....... ;)
thanks 4 dat offer...
but if demand 80%?

Blunt Edges said...

that's a pretty neat effort by a first timer!

neat blog...liked ur sms lingo style...hehehe...reminded me of myself ;)

tarana said...

hey...BE...
thanks...:)

keep visiting...

Quest said...

Its an early bird offer that the offer was put at 50% else it would have been 1):90 in my favor :P

tarana said...

ohh....reallyyyyyyyy :)

dats cho chweeeeeeeet of u....huh....

Zeba said...

Wow. this looks amazing. I have had roommates doing architecture and they sure don't have an easy life. I have seen lots of first time projects but yours simply rocks. Lot of hard work. I can imagine the effort u must have put into this.

Lakshmi said...

Tht looks beautiful... Loved it... :) U must have put in a lot of effort...gr8 work!!!

tarana said...

hey zeba n lakshmi...
yeah...i wont say dat it ws easy 4 me.....being a first timer...
but it ws so much of fun....

tarana said...

kk, thanks....:)