Monday, July 28, 2008

Yeh Hai Youngistan Meri Jaan....!!!

Yesterday I had an evening walk with dad. Just to have a break, we decided to have a coffee from our favourite coffee shop.

I saw an old man (may be older than my grandpa) sitting on the foot path. He was really weak and i noticed that he was trembling. I sat watching him closely. Then a group of youngsters passed him; one of them was holding few 10 Rupee notes. He lowered the money to that old person(I must say I was terribly impressed). I saw a smile blooming on his wrinkled face; i was able to recognize the immense happiness and hope in his tired eyes. He raised both of his hands as if like receiving a treasure.

But suddenly that youngster swished those notes in air skillfully and put it in his pocket, all others started laughing. It almost shocked and hurted me that i wasnt even able to swallow a drop of my coffee.. It took him sometime for his smile to fade away and realize he was being fooled.

I dont know what they thought about themselves....I really dont know....



7 comments:

Priya Joyce said...

tats really sad frnd very sad. I feel really bad, how can someone fool someone like this I really can't understand that.
I feel so bad. I really can't imagine ur condition watching tat incident just in front of ur eyes.

the old shobhna
recognised me.
u r blogrolled on my blog "my experiences"

tarana said...

priya joyce
heyy....so u r shobna?????.....
yeah...it ws terrible 4 me....i still remembr his face....cudnt forget....

Sach1 said...

I know that feeling. The country is growing but the youth..I doubt? Happy to read from some good souls :)

Nice blog btw...

tarana said...

sachi,
thanks 4 ur support dear...

Archana said...

i cant believ sumone actually did tht....they culd hav walked away leavin the man unnoticed bt why hurt him for no reason...where do they find so much of fun in sumone's broken hurt..... v ought to do sumthin to change....

Priya Joyce said...

u r tagged dear

tarana said...

viajero..
yeah..u r rt....shameless.....